About the Game

About the Game


'Steam Punk Robots' will be an immersive 3D game designed to run on Mac/PC platforms. It will be compiled in Unity and coded using C# and a Plugin called Playmaker.

The theme of the game is steam punk; it features a playable character called 'Rusty', who is a Foreman in charge of the worker robots working on the space station. While working one day, small objects start to land on the station. They turn out to be transmitters transmitting a signal that turns the workers against Rusty so they can take over station. The only chance Rusty has of saving the space station and himself is to find and decommission the various transmitters controlling the worker robots, and find out who is sending the transmitters and stop them.
As the player, you take control of 'Rusty' and must work your way through a multitude of engaging levels and tasks whilst avoiding various obstacles, and the worker robots. Each level will feature three different routes of difficulty and levels can be completed by finishing any one of the routes. This gives players of all abilities the chance to play through and complete the game, whilst not impacting on their enjoyment.
Each level will have items to pick up that will aid you on your mission to complete the game. Some of these will give the player a performance boost, whilst others will be crucial to completing the level.
All the characters within the game will be created to be appealing to players of all ages. Our aim for the game is to be able to get children and adults to play it and enjoy it equally. Great care will be taken in designing characters and levels that are complicated enough to engage adults whilst simple enough to encourage children to play.

Sunday 24 March 2013

New blog/new tasks!

This week, I had a meeting with my dissertation tutor to discuss where the project is heading. It was recommended to me that I start up a new blog and transfer over all of my work on the project thus far. This is just to make it clearer for everyone to read.

Also, I've set myself 3 essay tasks to write on the module. Again, this was recommended to me by my tutor to complete. They will be theory into the work i have completed on the module so far and will form part of my final submission.

A draft copy of some essay research is a few posts below and over the coming weeks I will be working on the other essays, uploading updates as I go. For now, I'll be transferring everything over and I will post a link to the new blog on here when it's complete.

Written by Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment